Wednesday, July 10, 2013

33 Weeks

Things are progressing well and still feeling pretty good. Only 7 more weeks to go! Had a Prenatal Apt today and the thing I look forward to the most is finding out what position the baby is in. I am always trying to guess if the pokes and bulges are feet or hands or what. So the last couple weeks little dude-no-name has been bulging the the left side of my belly button and pointy pokes to the far right side and up under my ribs. I kept thinking they were feet in my ribs but wasnt sure. Turns out I was right! He is facing head down with his left side towards my back and legs fully extended into my side.
Found a picture of it and it seems to be spot on:

The 4th of July celebrations were awesome with all the family around and I kept expecting the lil guy to jump and the fireworks but he's a brave little one and with some of the louder one it would seem to wake him up and he would slowly wiggle around but no big startled jumps.  Except for one big one that went off too low and close and we both jumped. Not sure if his jump made me jump or my jump made him jump but either way it was kinda funny.

When a firework fell over or went the wrong direction it was kind cute to see Nate jump in between me and the fireworks and act as a human shield. His protective instinct are already starting to kick in and I love it.

It has been in the high 90's to 100 lately and I have been toasty hot but everyone is sweaty hot. I may be a little warmer than I would be not pregnant but not too bad.
I have started feeling big and uncomfortable though. Cant stay in one position very long before my back starts aching or my lower tummy muscles get tired.
Even sleeping its getting harder to get comfy. Little dude will wiggle and jab until I find a position thats comfy for him and then I can sleep.
Ive also been getting acid reflux/heartburn at night and thats no fun. Overall though were doing pretty great.

Still need to do my baby registry but picking things out is so hard. Tons of options and it is hard to know whats best.

Have finally started reading more about Hypnobirthing and how to prepare for delivery. The whole pregnancy and delivery process still blows my mind!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you found a picture of how he's positioned. It's exciting that you are almost there. I'm glad you're not too uncomfortable with the heat.

    ReplyDelete